Study on Seismic vulnerability assessment of school of East Khasi Hills of Meghalaya and method for reducing it
The main objectives of the project are:
- To assess the seismic risk public school building in East Khasi Hills District by
- Conducting a plenary survey of 200 schools to determine the structural characteristic of the schools.
- Analysing the collected information to assess the vulnerability of the schools.
- Estimating the expected loses to schools such as financial loss if high magnitude of earthquake to recur in the study area.
- To identify majors to reduce the earthquake risk by-
- Promoting earthquake resistance construction in school buildings.
- Identifying structural deficient of existing school building.
- Identifying methods to structurally retrofit of existing school buildings.
- Developing a priotization plan for improving the seismic safety of school.
- Promoting school emergency preparedness measures such a schools emergency response plans.
- Conducting awareness raising while implementing the programme by-
- Involving school authorization in the work of collecting structural information about schools.
- Providing school authorities with general earthquake safety information so that school can work out a plan for tracking any eventualities.
Total project cost is of ` 9.12 lakhs which will be disbursed in 4 instalments. The project duration is of 2 years (2015-2017)