The State Disaster Management Authority was established in the State under the Chairmanship of the Chief Minister with 8 other members under section 14 of the Disaster Management Act,2005 by a Government notification dated 26th June, 2008. It is the apex body for disaster management in the State.
The State Executive Committee headed by the Chief Secretary with 4 other Secretaries as members was also set up to assist the State Disaster Management Authority in the performance of its functions.
The District Disaster Management Authorities under the Chairmanship of the Deputy Commissioners and Chief Executive Members of the District Councils as Co-Chairmen with 5 District Officials as members were also set up for the better management of disasters in the Districts.
- What will you do when lightning strikes? (866 Kb)
- Advertisement for Consultants, 8th December 2022 (1.86 Mb)
- Advertisement for Supervisor & Operators, 12th August 2022 (1.19 Mb)
- Quotation Notice of Laptop, 2KVA Online UPS (122 kb)
- Do's and Donts on Thunderstorm and Lightning (480 kb)
- Advertisement for Accountant (Annexure-I) (148 kb)
- Advertisement for Expression of Interest from Individual Consultant (55.5 kb)
- Standard Operating Procedure - State Emergency Operation Centre (9.25 Mb)
- Handbook on Disaster Logistics (4.22 Mb)
- Interim Guidance on Managing Relief Camps / Shelters during COVID-19 Pandemic (772kb)
- Shillong City Disaster Management Plan - 2018 (9.65 Mb)
- Disaster Psycho Social Care - 26th November 2019 (1.63 Mb)
- Urban Risk Mitigation - 9th December 2019 - Presentation 1 (1.70 Mb)
- Urban Risk Mitigation - 9th December 2019 - Presentation 2 (410 kb)
- NE Conference on Earthquake and Landslide Mitigation- Powerpoint Presentations